The Washington national premier league
Washington National Premier League Overview
The Washington NPL is the most competitive league in the Puget Sound Premier League. The Washington NPL is sanctioned by US Club Soccer.
The WNPL is composed of two premier divisions: Prem 1 and Prem 2. Winners of Prem 1 advance to US Club's national club tournament platform - The ENPL national playoffs or the NPL National finals tournament.
The nation's most competitive youth soccer clubs are members of the NPL tournament platform - making it one of most elite national competitions in the country.
In an effort to raise the competitive standards of teams and clubs participating in the WNPL, the league has updated a list of requirements that club teams must meet to remain in these NPL leagues. The league will be conducting audits to identify compliance issues and then agree on a reasonable time frame for clubs to meet those requirements.
Eligible WNPL age groups - 13U to 19U teams boys and girls.
Boys 15U-17U WNPL 1 winners advance to ENPL National Playoffs.
Girls 13U-19U WNPL 1 winners advance to NPL Finals.
Boys 13U-14U WNPL 1 winners compete in the National Cup finals.
Washington NPL clubs and Washington ECNL Boys clubs advance to the same ENPL national playoff tournament.
Washington NPL Key Rule Changes: 2019-2020 Season
New Year-Round WNPL league for 12U-14U premier teams
- WNPL SEASON 12U-14U: FALL 2019 – SPRING 2020
- QUALIFIED WNPL DIVISIONS: PREM 1 & PREM 2
- 16 GAME SEASON (typically)
- WNPL TEAMS PLAY EACH OTHER IN MORE LEAGUE MATCHES
- ONE-TIME REGISTRATION FOR FULL YEAR
- CLUBS MUST MEET WNPL STANDARDS
- STATEWIDE TRAVEL REQUIRED
- SPLIT SEASON (FALL & SPRING) BUT ONE SCHEDULE
- WNPL WINNER IS DETERMINED AT THE END OF SPRING
- TEAMS REQUIRED TO PLAY WASHINGTON CUP
Standards for placement
WNPL CLUB REQUIREMENTS
- Clubs must have at least four teams to qualify for participation in the WNPL.
- Club DOC most hold a minimum United Soccer Coaches National Diploma or USSF C license.
- Club DOC must ultimately hold either a USSF B license or a USC Advanced National diploma.
- DOC must submit plan to attain the USSF B or Advanced National license within a reasonable amount of time.
- Club must submit a club-wide player development curriculum to the league office for approval - ninety days from admittance to the WNPL.
- Club official must complete the United Soccer Coaches Director of Coaching diploma course.
- WNPL Coaches (Prem 1& 2) must hold a minimum National Diploma, or can hold a USSF D License initially. But coaches must submit plan to league office that shows how they will attain National Diploma within one year.
- All PSPL coaches below NPL divisions are required to hold minium soccer coaching diplomas or licenses certified by United Soccer Coaches or US Soccer Federation criteria.
- WNPL clubs must provide highest quality field when hosting their home matches.
- WNPL clubs must supply a top three-person referee crew when hosting their home matches.
- All WNPL clubs must use Ridgestar Referee scheduling and reporting system.
- By joining the WNPL league, clubs agree to league audit to ensure club is compliant or making good-faith effort to comply with WNPL standards