The Washington National Premier League (WNPL) is premier-level soccer and hosts our highest divisions in the Washington Premier League (WPL). US Club Soccer has sanctioned the WNPL as an NPL league that allows top teams to advance to national club championships - called the NPL Finals and the ENPL Finals.
There are up to two divisions in WNPL - Prem 1 & Prem 2. Different age groups play different number of matches due to outside constraints such as high school soccer. The NPL is home/away series that strives to create balanced schedules. Teams are expected to travel statewide.
The league offers NPL divisions from 11U-19U age groups, boys and girls.
- The Boys HS NPL League typically kicks off in late August and completes its season in November. Teams play 10 games.
- The Girls HS NPL League begins in late-November and finishes end of March. Teams play a 10-game season.
- The 12U-14U NPL League typically plays a 16 game season that is split into a Fall and Spring session. At the end of the Spring session the winner advances to the NPL Finals or ENPL Finals.
- The 11U NPL League typically plays 16 games but the year is divided into a two separate seasons: Fall and Spring. In Fall season, teams play 10 games. In the Spring season, teams play six games. The Fall season carries more weight for promotion or relegation for the next year. 11U teams will have to register for the each season separately.
WNPL League Advancement Format:
- WNPL Prem 1 winner advances to the NPL Finals or the ENPL Finals - national playoff tournaments that draw the top clubs across the nation.
- WNPL Prem 2 winner advances to Prem 1 division
- Classic 1 winner advances to WNPL Prem 2 division