The Washington National Premier League is premier-level soccer and hosts our highest divisions. US Club Soccer has sanctioned the WNPL as an NPL league that allows top teams to advance to national club championships - called the NPL Finals and the ENPL Finals.
There are two divisions in WNPL - Prem 1 & Prem 2. Different age groups play different number of matches due to outside constraints such as high school soccer. The NPL is home/away series that strives to create balanced schedules. Teams are expected to travel statewide.
The league offers NPL divisions from 11U-19U age groups, boys and girls.
- The Boys HS NPL League kicks off in late August and completes its season in early November. Teams play 10 games.
- The Girls HS NPL League begins in mid-November and finishes end of March. Teams play a 10-game season.
- The 12U-14U NPL League plays a 16 game season in the fall and spring. The winner at the end of the spring season advances to the NPL Finals or ENPL Finals.
- The 11U NPL League plays 16 games but it is divided into a two separate seasons: fall and spring. In fall season, teams play 10 games. In the spring season, teams play six games. The fall season carries more weight for advancing or relegating for the next year.
WNPL League Advancement Format:
- WNPL Prem 1 winner advances to the NPL Finals or the ENPL Finals - national playoff tournaments that draw the top clubs across the nation.
- WNPL Prem 2 winner advances to Prem 1 division
- Classic 1 winner advances to WNPL Prem 2 division