11U-19U WNPL LEAGUE OVERVIEW
The Washington National Premier League is premier-level soccer and hosts our highest divisions. US Club Soccer has sanctioned the WNPL as an NPL league that allows top teams to advance to national club championships - called the NPL Finals and the ENPL Finals.
There are up to two divisions in WNPL - Prem 1 & Prem 2. Different age groups play different number of matches due to outside constraints such as high school soccer. The NPL is home/away series that strives to create balanced schedules. Teams are expected to travel statewide.
The league offers NPL divisions from 11U-19U age groups, boys and girls.
- The Boys HS NPL League kicks off in late August and completes its season in early November. Teams play 10 games.
- The Girls HS NPL League begins in late-November and finishes end of March. Teams play a 10-game season.
- The 12U-14U NPL League plays a 16 game season in the fall and spring. The winner at the end of the spring season advances to the NPL Finals or ENPL Finals.
- The 11U NPL League plays 16 games but it is divided into a two separate seasons: fall and spring. In fall season, teams play 10 games. In the spring season, teams play six games. The fall season carries more weight for advancing or relegating for the next year. 11U teams will have to register for the each season separately.
WNPL League Advancement Format:
- WNPL Prem 1 winner advances to the NPL Finals or the ENPL Finals - national playoff tournaments that draw the top clubs across the nation.
- WNPL Prem 2 winner advances to Prem 1 division
- Classic 1 winner advances to WNPL Prem 2 division
WNPL LEAGUE DETAILS
The Washington National Premier League teams at 12U-14U will play against each other in one year-round schedule that will involve fall and spring games. The 11U division will follow similar schedule but will have two separate seasons in order reseed the teams if necessary.
Classic and Copa divisions will follow separate fall and spring seasons as currently established.
- WNPL Boys HS League Prem 1 & 2: $550 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit.
- WNPL Girls HS League Prem 1 & Prem 2: $550 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit.
- WNPL 12U-14U Prem 1 & Prem 2: $800 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit
- WNPL 11U Prem 1 & Prem 2: $550 per team + $200 Washington Cup deposit in Fall and $350 per team in Spring
- All Classic Divisions: $350 per fall and $350 per spring
- All Copa Divisions: $250 per team in fall and $250 per team in the spring
|League||Registration Opens||Final Registration Deadline||Season Starts||Season End Dates||Last official day of Season (For Reschedules*)|
|WNPL League 12U-14U||1-Jul-2020||31-Aug-2020||26-Sep-2020||TBD 2021||TBD 2021|
|WNPL League 11U||1-Jul-2020||31-Aug-2020||26-Sep-2020||5-Dec-2020||12-Dec-2020|
*Any teams added after the registration deadline will incur a late fee.
RETURNING teams should register from their team page from a previous season. To find a master list of team from previous seasons, follow the link below.
For the Fall 2020 season, girls born in 2006 will be defined as "Trapped Players," which means some of players will be in middle school while others in their age group will be playing soccer on their high school teams. The league offers a 6 game fall season to provide a place for the girls who are not yet in high school to play. This league is in addition to the High School Girls league that kicks on in late November which has a separate registration.
Teams wishing to register for the “Trapped Player” season should do so in the Classic/Copa registration.
See more details below:
|RETURNING TEAMS||NEW TEAMS|