Player Schedule & Curriculum
The role of the College Coaches who are attending the PSPL Id Camp is the identification and selection of players with the ability to progress to the next level of competition. The curriculum is designed over the three days for the players to be challenged in competitive developmental environment against players of equal or better ability. The College coaches are on the field not only scouting but to provide opportunities for the growth and advancement through collegiate level training sessions and playing environment. The unique three-day event will give the player, and the college coach the opportunity to get to know each other’s personalities and quality traits so the player and coach are confidant to invest in the recruiting process.
College coaching sessions: Four Components of the College Practice Structure
- Warm-up -Include non-explosive activity which has some relationship to the session. Should last for the first quarter of the session and steadily increase in intensity.
- Core Exercises – This is designed to emphasize the coaching themes for the practice.
- Practice Game – Takes place at the end of the session. The coach will stop the activity in the practice game to make points.
- Cool-down as in college – Players can stretch and listen to the coach, who can provide direction and homework assignments.
Friday 20th, January
- 4.30pm- Check in
- 5.00pm- Introduction & Meet all attending College Coaches.
- 5.30pm – 7.00pm: Small sided games evaluation for Field Players & Goalkeepers
- 6.45pm – 7.15pm: Break. Players need to supply own snacks.
- 7.15pm – 8.30pm: 9v9 Games & 11v11 games . College Coaches Evaluation on the players’ ability to perform at a collegiate level.
- 8.30pm: Conclusion of the Day I.
Saturday 21st, January
PSPL Academy Staff: Steve Richards
- 9.00 am – 10.30am. College Coaching Session Curriculum on the following subject: Technical / Tactical Session on the Final Third.
- 10.30am – 10.45am: Break.
- 10.45 am – Noon: College Coaching Session Curriculum on the following subject: Transition from Defense to Attack
- Noon – 1.00pm Lunch Break & Classroom session:College coaching staff lecture on the recruiting process
- College coaching staff lecture on the recruiting process.
- What college coaches look for in a player.
- 1.00pm – 2.30pm: College Coaching Session Curriculum on the following subject: Midfield Roles. (Attacking/Holding)
- 3.00pm – 4.15pm: 7v7 Games. Evaluation on the players’ ability to perform at a collegiate level.
- 4.30pm: Conclusion of Day II.
Sunday 22nd, January
- 9.00am – 10.30am: Finishing Multiple zones to implement all finishing concepts in front of goal
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am: Break.
- 10.45am – 11.45pm: Small sided shooting game. Back to Back Goal games.
- 12.00pm – 1.00pm Lunch. Classroom session: Collegiate athlete and the demands of playing college soccer at the different divisions. GKs will be in this classroom.
- 1.15pm- 2.30pm: College Coaching Session Curriculum on the following subject: Defender/goalkeeping sessions
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm: 7v7 Games.
- 4.00pm: Conclusion of the Camp.
Fees and Registration
- $275 per player
- All players welcome!
- We will accept walk-ups the day of the ID Camp
- Winter College ID Camp Player Form